Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Groomsmen, Keepin' It Classy

"Picking" the groomsmen's outfits was, if you can believe it, an even simpler process than our one-and-done bridesmaids' dress search. I say "picking" because, actually, I'm leaving it almost completely up to them. I've been to two weddings in the last year in which the groomsmen just wore color-coordinated suits of their own choosing, and both times, it looked really simple and classic.

I also preferred this route because, if I can be totally honest, I don't love Mr. O in a tuxedo. He had to wear one for all of his choir concerts in college, and it's just not him; he's too low-key of a guy to really rock such a formal outfit. On the other hand, I think he looks absolutely dashing in a suit, so it was really a no-brainer.

At first, I opted for black suits, because I figured a black suit is timeless. I also knew that at least half of our groomsmen already owned one, and I wanted to make it convenient for them. Then, after I chose black, I started fussing and worrying that maybe charcoal gray would have been a better choice, maybe it would offset the bridesmaids' red dresses better, maybe it would be more stylish.......


(Source.)

and then I said, oh, to hell with it. Let's get real: black and charcoal gray are extremely similar colors, black IS timeless, and as soon as the reception gets rolling, their outfits are going to go from this:


Mr. Octopus and three of his future groomsmen looking gentlemanly at Groomsman Nick's wedding last year.


to this:


Didn't last long.

anyway. What does it really matter? Black suits, it is!

Now, the only thing left to take care of are their ties. I'm thinking a subtly patterned or textured red tie, maybe something like this:

(Source.)

I'm also wondering if maybe we should choose a slightly different tie for Mr. O, to set him apart a little. What do you think? Do you prefer the all-matching look, or a little variation?

What are your groomsmen wearing?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post about the Groomsmen, Keepin' It Classy. Some of the information shared in this post was really impressive and useful for the groom people. To search the best vendors are easy, they may use the wedding app and find the vendor information at any place on your device.

    ReplyDelete