First, I danced with my dad to Paul Simon's song "Father and Daughter."
(All photos courtesy of Corey Ann Photography.)
Here's a secret! The first time I ever heard the song many years ago, it made me cry because it reminded me of my dad so much. I left the song choice totally up to him (and he worked his way through a DJ's list of suggestions with great seriousness and purpose), but secretly I was really pulling for this one. And that's the one he chose! (My mom is DYIIINNGGG right now as she reads this, btw.)
"I'm gonna watch you shine,
Gonna watch you grow,
Gonna paint a sign
So you'll always know
As long as one and one is two,
There could never be a father who loves his daughter more than I love you."
Another wedding photo for the ages:
Next, Mr. Octo danced with his sister Kathy, to James Taylor's "You've Got a Friend."
Mr. Octo and his sister wrapped up their dance with a hug, and then? It was time to RAGE!
Previously, in the Octopus wedding....
- We did errands all the live-long day.
- We ran late, we got stressed, and we argued.
- We rehearsed and had dinner, and had a great time doing it.
- We got fancy with hair and makeup.
- I got bridal.
- I waited and soaked up the moment in Heinz Chapel.
- We processed up the aisle.
- We made it official.
- We posed our way through our family portraits.
- I had, then recovered from, a minor freak-out.
- We took portraits with our bridal party.
- We took some smoochy pictures.
- We posed for some skyline shots.
- I showed you how it all came together.
- We had just a few minutes to enjoy the end of our cocktail hour.
- We were introduced into our reception…..and almost screwed up the cake-cutting.
- We danced.
- We listened to toasts, and visited our guests during dinner.